Whenever my mom stirs together this creamy kettle of warmth, nothing that was ever upsetting me has any affect. The subtle heat of chili flakes and the cool milky broth melt with the comforting potatoes and one seeps into calm contentment.
So for the recipe:
- 2-2 1/2 lbs of potatoes (Yukon golds are fab but your standard Idaho will work too), sliced into 1/2 in cubes
- 3 or more large stalks of celery, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 -1 large onion diced
- 2 cups of milk
- Red pepper flakes and/or garlic chili paste
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
2. Next, add the potatoes and enough water to cover. Complete with a dash of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Leave on medium heat with the lid off until the potatoes are cooked through.
3. Once the potatoes are done, pour in the milk and garlic chili paste to taste. Bring back to heat and serve.
*optional* garnish with arugula and some whole wheat toast
3 very easy steps to heaven in a dish :)