Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant (any variety will do, we used Japanese eggplant)
- 1 14.5 ounce can of unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 heaping 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (mixed with some salt and pepper)
- 6 lasagna noodles (the kind that cook in the oven)
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms
- 1 small hand full of basil
- 1 small hand full of flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 of an onion
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- Handful of Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
Dribble some olive oil into a saute pan and heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot add the zucchini and eggplant in a single layer (I had to do it in two batches). Wait a few minutes, then flip them over they should reveal a golden carmelization on that cooked side. If you are getting to much sticking, deglaze the pan with a splash of water. Continue to saute until fully cooked (the white flesh with have degraded in colour). take out of the pan and set aside.
Using a square glass baking dish, pour a laddle full of the tomato mushroom sauce on the bottom and place two lasagna noodles on top of that. On this dress with more sauce and a layer of eggplant/zucchini. Set two more noodles on this, spread the yogurt, followed by another layer of eggplant/zucchini. Put the final two noodles on top with the remaining sauce and sprinkle mozzarella cheese.